Dindial Ramrattan of Central Bank is managing the cricket tournament on behalf of the CariFin Games organizing committee and this is the guide line he put out to run the tournament.
1. All teams are required to confirm participation by the 21st May, 2012. This confirmation will simply be done by responding to this e-mail (please reply all so that all members will be aware of the teams involved).
2. A random grouping will be created on 23rd May, 2012. The format of this grouping will be discussed as we go along.
3. The fixtures will be provided by 24th May, 2012. Any discrepancies and changes will only be considered up until lunch time on the 25th of May, 2012.
4. The competition will be played on the 26th May, 2012.
In addition, following some future discussions, the rules will be sent to all captains early next week once confirmation of participation is provided. However, please be aware of the following rules in advance of confirmation:
1. Once fixtures are drawn up, ALL TEAM CAPTAINS are required to be present for a coin toss 15 minutes prior to start time. Failure to do so will lead to the team in default losing the game.
2. Once the toss has been taken ALL TEAMS must be present within 5 minutes of the toss. Failure to do so will lead to the team in default losing the game.
3. The organisers will not wait to begin the tournament. The teams involved in the first two (2) scheduled games must be present at the designated start of the day. The teams involved in the scheduled first game will be only granted a 15 minutes grace period. Should a team not be present they will lose by default.
4. The teams involved in the second game will be given a half an hour (30 minute) grace period. Should a team not be present they will lose by default.
5. The time of toss will coincide with the end of the previous game. Should a game complete early, the rules are structured to allow for utilisation of this time. However, should a game finish 20 minutes early, the umpires must wait till 15 minutes before the start of the other game to take the toss. Thus, If game is scheduled to end at 10:50am with the other scheduled to start at 11:00am. However, the game finishes early at 10:30am. The umpires must wait till 10:45 am to take toss and the teams have to begin play at 10:50am.
REMEMBER: THE UMPIRE’S DECISION IS FINAL.