- Starting with the dates of CariFin Games events is a good way to get the internal promotion kicking off: via the institution’s intranet, flyer etc. This will sensitize staff about the event and help determine the level of interest.
- Identify members of your staff or bring in personnel from the outside who could organize and train interested staff members in getting fit.
- Identify two members of staff to attend CariFin Planning meetings to relay information to in-house organizing committee.
- With the annual Torch Relay coming up identify senior management personnel as well as a representative of runners and walkers to carry the flame for part of the Torch journey from Central Bank in the north to Republic Bank, Couva in Central. Each leg ranges from 2 1/2 to 3 miles.
- Identify and select a female member of staff who you could train in aerobics and get familiar with the questions asked previously or you may need to have a screening session to choose your best representative
- Select or identify captains for Cricket, Football, All Fours and an overall team leader for the Games.
- Be familiar with the dates for all events in the Games and prepare and provide representation
- Be familiar and aware of the programme of events for the family day and assign representation and participation duties.
- Come up with a design for decorating your team tent with color and arrangement as part of the best tent competition.
10. Select your two best dancers for the dance off competition
11. The opening ceremony – Teams are asked to produce a three- minutes item to introduce their team on the day. Members are asked to use their institution colours in their uniform, to depict energy, creativity and highlight their institution in dance, song, even a workout.
12. Select a team captain who is responsible for motivating team members to train, encourage team spirit, and work on the registration of the team to the various Games events.
13. Select representation for your novelty team who should participate in the novelty events, which starts from as early as 10.00, am.
14. Team leader must have his/her staff members listed to take part in novelty events.
15. The next event is the official Opening at 12.00 noon. There we have the athletes’ oath, a dignitary delivers the welcoming remarks and each team that lined up in front of their tents do a three- minutes rendition/interpretation of the theme using the institution colours, tag line choreographed to dance steps, music or workout type presentation.
16. Make sure your runners/walkers are pre – registered or have them registered on the day.
17. Choose beforehand, your representatives (male and female) for the dance off competition.
18. Be prepared for the judge’s visit to your tent for the Best Tent competition
19. Team leaders are responsible for the upkeep of their tents; note that clean up is listed as something to be done. e.g. garbage collection and removal. Garbage bags are provided.
20. Refreshments eats and drinks are the responsibility of the team leader.