Rules for Carifin Football Competition
23rd May 2015
The competition will be run as a Seven-a-Side Tournament.
Each team will be allowed a minimum of seven (7) and a maximum of twelve (12) registered players (inclusive of substitutes). Only Staff, their legitimate spouses and children are eligible to participate.
N.B. Players will not be allowed to play for more than one team.
DETAILS OF THE TOURNAMENT
- On the morning of the tournament all teams will be required to present themselves in uniform to the registration area no later than 10am.
- Failure to do this will result in the team losing the game by default.
- Protests against the eligibility of a player shall be lodged with the Referee/Co-Ordinator before a match.
- The Co-Ordinator shall examine the documents and decide the protest.
- His decision shall be final and not subject to appeal.
DURATION OF MATCHES
- Each match shall consist of two periods of ten (10) minutes each.
- If the score is tied at the end of full time, sudden death kicks from the penalty mark shall be used to determine a winner.
- Teams must wear uniforms in order to take part in the Tournament.
MATTERS NOT PROVIDED FOR AND/OR EMERGENCY SITUATIONS
- The Organising Committee reserves the right to act in the event of matters not provided for and/or emergency situations.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Size of field: 40m x 35m (approx.)
- Substitution zones will be clearly identified. Substitutions will not be allowed outside of this area.
- Size 4 balls will be used in the Tournament
NUMBER OF PLAYERS
- Every team must start with (7) seven players, one (1) of whom shall be the goalkeeper.
- If at any time either team has less than three (3) players on the field, the match will be abandoned.
- Unlimited flying substitutions except goalkeeper are allowed.
- Substitution of goalkeeper may occur only when ball is out of play.
- A goalkeeper changing places with an outside player must get the permission of the referee and do so during a stoppage.
- All substitutions must be done in the substitution zone.
- Footwear is compulsory: approved football shoes.
- A player shall not wear anything that is dangerous to the other players.
- The referee will act as official timekeeper.
- He will indicate the end of each period of play and administer the two (2) minute punishment in the event of an expelled player.
- Direct Free Kicks will be awarded for Tackles from behind and sliding tackles.
- Indirect Free Kicks will be awarded for charging the goalkeeper in the penalty area and the goalkeeper throwing the ball beyond his half.
YELLOW AND RED CARDS
- These are left to the discretion of the referee.
- Must leave bench, team can replace him after two (2) minutes.
- If 7 vs 6 and goal scored on team with 6, this team can add one.
- If 6 vs 6 both teams can add one.
- If 6 vs 5 or 5 vs 4, team with smaller number may add one.
- If 4 vs 4 both teams can add one.
- If team with fewer players scores no addition.
- Addition only with consent of the referee and during a stoppage.
CORNER & FREE KICKS
- Five (5) metre restriction. Four seconds to take kick.
- Kicker must stand with part of each foot on line or on the ground outside the touch line.
- The kick must be taken within four (4) seconds of taking possession of the ball. (Infringement: Kick by opposing team).
- A goal kick (eleven-a-side football) will be replaced by a goalkeeper’s throw.
- The ball must land in the goalkeeper’s half or an indirect free kick will be awarded to the opposing team.
- The free kick awarded, will be taken on the half-way line closest to where the ball crossed it.
KICKS FROM THE PENALTY MARK
- Kicks are taken alternately by the teams until one team has scored a goal more than the other from the same number of kicks.
- Player sent off cannot kick.
- Change of goalkeeper with other player of team permitted.
- All players to remain on pitch.
- Kicker must stand to take kick.
- Non-kicking foot must be stationary.
(In all other circumstances normal FIFA rules and regulations apply)