Run for Your Life
New runners are always ready to hit the road but often find themselves overwhelmed or unethused by their performance.
Many find themselves thinking and procrastinating that running is natural. You may think all you need are some shorts, a t-shirt, a good playlist and some running shoes. How hard is running? It’s just one foot infront of the other.
Sorry to burst your bubble but running is alot more difficult than it may appear. Preparation is key both mentally and physically as running affects your entire body. CariFin is all about fun, fitness and friendship and so it’s only right we prepare you our friend for the CariFin Games 25th anniversary.
Here are our top 10 tips to prepare you for the games:
- Accept the Challenge– Prepare yourself mentally for the games. It’s a mental game and getting your mind fit and prepared is key to your success.
- Gear Up– Having the suitable gear for the activities are key to minimize strain on your body. Invest in a good pair of running shoes and breathable clothing.
- Warm Up– Even for the All-Fours tournament it’s important to warm up before each activity. Light jogging and stretching helps get muscles warm for activities.
- You Are What You Eat– Your diet is more important than you may think. Fueling your body with clean fuel is important to keep your body running smoothly.
- Practice Makes Perfect– This is important for preparation for all aspects of the games. Practice helps build stamina both physically and mentally.
- You Are Breathing Wrong– Breathing is important for the proper functioning of the body. Deep breaths through the mouth is most efficient to get oxygen in the body.
- Slow and Steady Wins The Race– Pacing yourself is important. There will always be someone faster and smarter but accomplishing your personal goals is most important. You should be your only competition.
- Stick To The Plan– Create a plan. Having a plan and using it as a guide will help you have a clear perspective of what you want your end results to be.
- Get Motivated– Motivation coupled with determination and ambition can lead to you hitting your goals for the CariFin Games 2016.
- Let’s Do This Together– Everything is better when you have friends to share the experience with. Invite your friends and family. Having your support system is more powerful than you may know.
It’s all about Fun, Fitness and Friendship. Now that you are equipped with these tips and tricks, it’s time to get ready, get set and celebrate the spirits of the games together.